Saturday, May 3, 2008

THE GOD WHO IS ALWAYS THERE

by Bryan Thomas Schmidt, M.A.


Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens,you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast…

I remember the feeling of lost hope. I had no job. No prospects. And money was almost gone. What was I to do tomorrow? I was so desperate, and I never felt so alone. In such times it is easy even for Christians to forget the One who’s always with us.

Oh how good it is to be reminded that God is not only our Creator, our maker, but our Father and friend. We can talk to Him any time, anywhere. How distant we begin to think He is when we live our daily lives outside His presence. Yet all we have to do is call Him, and He’s right there. He will never leave us, never forsake us, and never fail to be with us. Because of all the wonderful and mighty things He has created, God chose us.

God longs to have relationship with us. How amazing! How inspiring! How humbling! How can we help but want to be close with a God like that? Let’s check in right now and throughout each day.

PRAYER: Oh God, thank you for your constant presence. May I live each moment to honor you.

© 2008 Bryan Thomas Schmidt/Anchored Music Ministries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. No reproduction without written permission.

No comments: