Tuesday, May 13, 2008

REVELATION & CREATION

by Bryan Thomas Schmidt, M.A.

Amos 4:13 “For the Lord is the one who shaped the mountains, stirs up the winds, and reveals His every thought. He turns the light of dawn into darkness and treads the mountains under His feet. The Lord Almighty is His name (NLT)!”

The breeze blows through my hair, soft and gentle like the breath of God, bringer of life. It renews and refreshes me, filling me with wonder and awe at the creation around me. How fortunate I am to live with such blessings to be found right outside my door! How loving is God to meet our every need – even the needs of our senses to feel, touch, and see. How rich are the experiences which await us daily through these senses. It is these riches which so often unable us to feel most alive.

In Psalm 19:1-2, David writes: “The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display His marvelous craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known (NLT).” Did you ever wonder what it would be like to have a revelation like the Biblical prophets or the Apostle John? Amos and David remind us that each of us, at any moment, can experience such a revelation. So often, all that’s necessary is to just open our eyes and take in the view. It’s a wonder how often we fail to hear God’s daily testimony of His love and presence in our lives.

Have you heard His testimony to you today? If not, don’t you think it’s time? Spend some time this week asking yourself how God is trying to speak to you through creation this week. What is He saying? How should you respond? What thoughts is God revealing to you?

PRAYER: Oh Lord God Almighty, open my eyes to see your glory all around me! Help me to live in the joy of this blessed world you’ve given us. Let the love present in the voice of all creation speak to my heart and remind me you are here.

© 2008 Bryan Thomas Schmidt/Anchored Music Ministries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. No reproduction without written permission.

No comments: