Monday, May 26, 2008

GOD’S PEOPLE & CREATION

by Bryan Thomas Schmidt, M.A.

Psalm 139: 13, 16 “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb…You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed (NLT).”

They’re everywhere – faces. Each one different and unique. Each one has its own smile, its own frown, and its own way of looking back at me. I am looking at evidence, like Picasso’s paintings or the works of DaVinci. These faces are the handiwork of God, and the face is just a start. Each one comes with a body full of many complex parts and pieces – all of them working together to create life daily.

In Isaiah 14:24, the Lord declares: “It will all happen as I have planned (NLT).” Every atom was handcrafted to make you just who God wanted you to be. Every hair, carefully counted and place exactly, just as He wanted it. Every curve, lump and wrinkle designed. Ever wonder, when you look in the mirror, if perhaps God did make just one mistake? God never does. He looks at you with wonder and amazement. You are one of His pride and joys!

Ever think you’re not special? Do you spend a lot of time keeping lists of your faults, and rarely take time to appreciate your gifts? Did you ever realize you yourself are a gift – God’s gift to Himself? And He likes the gift so much He seeks every day to get closer and closer to you.

As you reflect on this, pray: Father God, thank you for creating me with special care. Thank you for giving me every moment as a precious gift. Lord, help me to live in the freedom of being your pride and joy! Help me to see myself as you see me. Amen.

© 2008 Bryan Thomas Schmidt/Anchored Music Ministries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. No reproduction without written permission.

No comments: